Help identifying this Vee

Moderators: Dietmar, John Deonarine

Re: Help identifying this Vee

Postby supervee » July 12th, 2016, 8:36 pm

image.jpeg
supervee

Postby supervee » July 12th, 2016, 8:38 pm

I tried to shrink the images down. These darn IPhones take such large pics. You could always delete out a few of the 1st pics. The OP duplicated. Just leave 1 or 2 with the body on. I think I captured the frame and engine in mine. Only stamping I could find is a three digit number 277.

Thanks
supervee

Postby FV80 » July 13th, 2016, 9:54 am

The image references are encoded (not easily identified) within the board software. Don't worry about it - at least for now. I did find THIS (link below) that *MIGHT* have something to do with your car. Unfortunately, the original listing on eBay has apparently been deleted, but it does have some text that you might find interesting.
http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55474
Steve
The Racer's Wedge, FV80
To sign up in the FV Registry for updates about SCCA Formula Vee, please go to http://www.FormulaVee.us/fvregistry_interface2/eEditor.asp?action=insert and enter the appropriate info.
FV80

Postby Etaylor652 » July 21st, 2016, 6:27 pm

hi guys. I'm new to this forum and formula vee. I have recently picked up a vee project that has been in storage for 7+ years. The car did not come with log books and I am trying to identify it. I didn't know if I should post here or start my own thread. The VIN stamped on the roll bar is 03-325. What I assume is a Nobel racing engine (due to body work stickers) has 215 stamped on the cases. I have talked to my local scca tech guy and he was unable to help much. He directed me here. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Etaylor652

Postby BLS » July 21st, 2016, 10:08 pm

I don't recognize the bodywork. If no one else does, get the body of and post a few picks of the chassis.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
BLS

Previous

Return to Vintage Vee