Free play on Clutch Slave Cylinder changing?

Free play on Clutch Slave Cylinder changing?

Postby FV80 » September 27th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Hey guys. Although I've been racing FV for over FORTY YEARS, I've never before used a clutch master/slave setup.. always used a CABLE. Now I have a car with a master/slave setup and after each session the free play is changing. After my first test day, I changed the slave cylinder to a brand new one, but still the same problem. I wonder if I'm just not bleeding things properly or if this is a common problem? I'm using same engine/clutch from my 'cable car' that almost NEVER needed adjusting, but now finding ~1/2" free play after only 2 sessions on the car, when it was marginally TIGHT before the first session.

Just me??

Steve
The Racer's Wedge, FV80
To sign up in the FV Registry for updates about SCCA Formula Vee, please send me an email or PM with your name, location (city/state), make/model of car, phone # and any other appropriate info.
FV80

Re: Free play on Clutch Slave Cylinder changing?

Postby FV80 » September 27th, 2019, 6:29 pm

The Racer's Wedge, FV80
To sign up in the FV Registry for updates about SCCA Formula Vee, please send me an email or PM with your name, location (city/state), make/model of car, phone # and any other appropriate info.
FV80

Re: Free play on Clutch Slave Cylinder changing?

Postby jpetillo » October 11th, 2019, 7:29 am

Steve, I'm glad you got this resolved. Odd that it was coming apart.
jpetillo

Return to General Discussion